The PM4R Professional certification course for Development Project Management was designed and organized by the Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development (INDES) as part of the initiative in Project Management for Results (PM4R) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), aimed at improving the skills of project teams composed of members of implementing agencies, IDB staff and members of liaison bodies.
The recipients of this training are expected to strengthen their abilities in project planning and management. In doing so, the programs or projects under their responsibility should be implemented with a focus on results and considering risks identified through the application of proven project management practices and tools.
The course begins with an Initial Workshop and continues with a 7-week-long virtual phase made up of 5 learning modules. These modules are in turn organized into units, whose content is reinforced with a series of mandatory individual and team activities that the participants will carry out with the support of a teacher. Once this virtual phase is completed, each team must prepare a team project to present at the Closing Workshop.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Minimum effort required: 50 hours per course
- Price: Specify with the Education Providers.
- Level: Intermediate / Advanced
- Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese and French
Module 1. Project Charter and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) methodology.
Module 2. Schedule
Module 3. S Curve and Procurement Matrix.
Module 5. Responsibilities Assignment Matrix and the Earned Value Method
Module 6. Course Closing Activities
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
1. Identify the Seven (7) steps of the PM4R methodology.
2. Explain the various processes used to carry out the Seven (7) steps of the PM4R methodology.
3. Apply the Seven (7) steps of the PM4R methodology when managing their development projects.
4. Demonstrate a personal commitment to achieving the team's objectives.